- Safe and warm welcoming place for socialisation. Probably 60 to 70 people from more than 20 nationalities sit under one roof and benefit each others experiences and get to know each other
- Lunch and Kitchen team. Our dedicated team of kitchen volunteers cook fresh food and serve nearly 50 to 60 clients weekly.
- Used Clothing and household items. These types of products are donated by the public or organisations. They are put out on tables for clients to take according to their need.
- Basic English spoken classes: Open Doors volunteers provide informal English classes for refugees and asylum seekers living in Hull.
- Befriending and advocacy: Giving or offering moral, emotional, and social support to asylum seekers and refugees especially when they are dealing with their immigration case, health and education
- Raising awareness to the problem through events and talks: We go to churches and schools on invitation and give awareness talks on asylum and refuges issues. We also take some of clients with us; they share their experiences if they wish.
- Opportunities for Volunteers: We have a large number of volunteers from various background and cultures.
- Travel expenses: when necessary we provide people with money for travel expenses, so they can go to legal appointments subject to funds availability.
- Music: learning in informal classes is helping people who are going through loneliness, isolation, stress, depression and may have gone through various kind of traumas. This class brings them enjoyment and relief, and help them to manage their frustration and stress.
- I T Facility: The computer suite has been upgraded and is well used.
- Allotment:: We have a dedicated group of volunteers working hard to produce a variety of vegetables. Vegetables are used for the Thursday lunch.
There are a wide range of services and activities available including: